Lean Mobile-First UX: Get Awesome Responsive Sites to Market Quickly
“Bring questions, walk away with Wireframes”! During this dynamic workshop, we work together in small groups focusing on identifying, producing, testing and iterating on mobile wireframes for your key responsive web workflows. I’ll show you how to create and test paper wireframes for the core pages of your responsive website before writing a line of code by applying responsive design patterns. You will practice light-weight guerrilla user testing strategies that will save time and money for your entire team, without sacrificing delicious “eye-meat” -- key experience components such as transitions, interactions and copy. It's the lean UX protein you crave, with all the added richness and flavor! Paper wireframes we produce during the workshop are detailed enough to jump straight into final visual skinning and development. This workshop will give you complete lean design methodology you need *right now* to take on any responsive design challenge with confidence.
Workshop testimonials from SXSW.
- Distill the experience down to essentials, and re-invent your RWD interface with mobile-first approach.
- Storyboard your responsive interface layouts and functionality using inexpensive, practical, effective strategies.
- Create and test mobile paper wireframes for the core pages of your responsive website, before writing a line of code.
- Learn practical light-weight guerrilla user testing strategies that will save time and money for your entire team.
- Take on any RWD design challenge with confidence.
Basic understanding of UX and RWD principles. Experience with an iPhone or Android mobile device.
- Draw your storyboard
- Wireframing with PostIt notes
- Responsive Design Patterns
- RITE Testing in context
46 presentations at SXSW, UXWeek, MobX, WebVisions, classes at SFSU and Marquette Universityhttp://www.designcaffeine.com/presentations/
MobX Berlin RITE testing: http://youtu.be/9xlj8_2nxlI
About Greg Nudelman:
Greg Nudelman is Mobile and Tablet Experience Strategist, Fortune 500 Advisor, Author/Speaker and CEO of DesignCaffeine, Inc. For over 15 years he has helped his clients Intuit, Oracle, Cisco, eBay, USAA, Wells Fargo, Safeway, Associated Press and Groupon amass millions of satisfied customers and get featured in the Apple app store. Internationally acclaimed design workshop leader, and accredited graduate course instructor, Greg authored Android Design Patterns: Interaction Design Solutions for Developers (Wiley, 2013), Designing Search: UX Strategies for eCommerce Success (Wiley, 2011), and co-authored Smashing Mobile Book (2012). Book #4: Lean Mobile UX: Common Sense Approach to Getting Awesome Apps to the Market Quickly, comes out in 2014.